Another great dish with bananas. Couldn't resist putting this one up as coffee cake almost of any kind is fabulous and bananas and nuts just make this one over the top. - Gale
2 to 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/3 cups), plus 1 large banana, sliced
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Serve with: Maple syrup
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, stir mashed bananas, granulated sugar, milk, oil, cinnamon and eggs. Stir in 2 2/3 cups Bisquick mix and 3/4 cup walnuts; fold in banana slices. Pour mixture into pan.
- 3 In medium bowl, mix Streusel ingredients, cutting in butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over mixture in pan.
- 4 Bake 30 to 36 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
- 5 Make-Ahead Directions: Make as directed through step 3. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours. Uncover, and bake as directed in step 4.